Sunday 26 October 2014

Richard Swarbrick




I love the visual qualities of this animation, and in fact all his work (included a screen shot of his portfolio on his web page so you can see it's all in this style.). It's simple, there isn't actually a lot on the screen, but the paint brushes in the people and in their faces are really complicated. This is something I am so envious of. It's something that's always bothered me that I haven't been able to manage during first year, is getting the simple side of things without overdoing it.

Now I couldn't find any information on the production of these animations, and after watching it few times, I feel like it might have been rotoscoped. Which makes me a bit sad, because if that is the case he hasn't actually added anything else to the scene to make worthwhile to be animation, except for being beautiful. I need more substance than this in my life.



With this in mind I decided to reassess his other works, and I feel empty and sad about them now. There beautiful but meaningless. He should stick to illustrations.

http://www.richardswarbrick.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment