Thursday 4 December 2014

Jeremy Mann Paintings




Jeremy Mann(b. 1979) graduated from Ohio University with a Cum Laude degree in Fine Art-Painting. Afterward, he ventured out to California where he earned his MasterÕs Degree with Valedictorian honors at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. Since then, Mann has garnered substantial attention in the art world. Praised by critics and collectors alike, his work recently graced the cover of American Art Collector magazine.
http://www.johnpence.com/visuals/painters/mann/

When I first started at art college I really wanted to be a painter, I like to think I've still got that talent, just not enough time to do it. I prefer to keep it as more of a hobby. What drew me to moving image was the fact that I've always loved telling stories and creating narratives. What I love about Jeremy Mann's paintings is how they immerse you and they feel realistic to be descriptive of a scene but also there's enough texture and emotion behind it to tell a story and give away a fantasy feeling. I like the fact that it isn't completely fantastical, and he uses light and tone with a set colour palette to highlight his ability to show where light falls in a scene. I think if I ever make it big and rich I'd like to buy a piece of his work for my living room. The city scapes are truly captivating and really capture the business of a city but also the isolation you can often feel once you are there.


I really like how in this one the glossiness and the blues makes it look like it could have just rained. I can really picture these moving and being an animation, I think that's another reason why they appeal to me so much. There's a really skill in the way he's designed the painting and how actually there isn't a great lot of detail but there's still a lot going on. I think if I was directing a feature film I'd see if he was interested in doing the concept art (maybe one day!!)



Here's one of his more saucier pictures, just to show he's good at portraiture too!


http://redrabbit7.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment