Wednesday 3 December 2014

Skwigly Home.



You might think that because this is a short article with a lot of facts in it'd be a fast one to write. But I actually found this really hard, because my natural writing style, is to write as I speak. Which often can be quite subjective and Skiwgly have a very strict be objective, concise but not short and sweet it still needs to have a bit of length to it. So I often find myself arguing with the sentence construction, as this is a massive weakness for me. I'm really enjoying doing these shorter articles though because I think it is making me think about my writing a lot more, so hopefully in a few months these blog posts will improve because it will come naturally to me.

As I'm not allowed to be subjective on skwigly, I thought I would be here. I really feel for Dreamworks because they've had to drop a lot of staff recently because they aren't making as much money as they would like to. Mr Peabody and Sherman and Turbo didn't do as well as they would of liked. The future of dreamworks kind of is in how well the next couple of films do and so there's a lot of pressure on this film, and I think they are feeling it. There's an allstar line up in this film and I think that could improve it's chances. There's a lot of cute moments, that look like it could make it quite funny. I just think with the best kids animations there needs to be subtle jokes for adults too, at the end of the day it's the adults that pay for the kids to see the film in the cinema, and to me this film trailer makes it seem like the script is quite dumbed down. We don't want dumb kids, I need more intelligence in my animation to appreciate more. Not even intelligence just less patronising. I think it looks like all the best bits could be in the trailer which is really sad and I don't think we can expect great things from this film, but I could be wrong.


http://www.skwigly.co.uk/dreamworks-home-trailer-uk-cinema-release/

No comments:

Post a Comment