Monday 18 May 2015

50hour Skills

My fifty hour skill has been a combination of Life Drawing and Writing for Skwigly, They have both been split equally and you can see individual blog posts for these tasks.

As a short summary of evaluation, I think my writing skills really have developed. Even though a lot of the articles are really short, I spent many hours on Skype with Steve discussing word order and synonyms to use. I never enjoyed writing before on a level like I did for this, because every word in the sentence had to be crafted to keep it as concise as possible but descriptive. I much preferred the interviews I did, I found that it's a lot easier to type up what someone has already said and edit out parts of it, although I did find that this is a really lengthy process, when you get chatting on a topic both parties are interested in a lot of words are said. But I found it easier to transcribe everything and then cut parts out.

As for the Life Drawing, I really enjoyed going to the classes at Medium and at the Life Drawing society. It was a nice break from doing uni work, because it didn't feel like that, because it's all about experimenting, so it doesn't matter that they didn't look perfect. I think I'm one of those people that really like having a finished piece, to the point where it annoys me to only have half finished work, and I found this really challenging in the alotted time slot so I did spend quite a bit of time outside of the classes finishing off the pieces. I think this is apparent in a few pieces of the work. Life drawing is definitely something I want to continue through PPP next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment