Monday 18 May 2015

Gobelins







http://www.cartoonbrew.com/student/7-gorgeous-graduation-films-from-gobelins-103995.html

So I read this article on Cartoon Brew of the most recent graduate films to come from Gobelins, and they blew my mind. Now obviously this school has a ridiculously high standard of animation being churned out of it. And it's not solo projects, they are all in quite large groups. But even so, they are incredible. I think it does show that if you want to do well animation is not a solo thing you need the team work to do well, which is why I'm starting to think about my extended practice. I've got the story written, I've got Anna Denison to agree to make the Dragon Puppet. I've got Elliot agreed to make some of the sets. I'm going to do the storyboard myself and I'm going to get rosy to edit this into the world's best animatic. I might speak to Anna Picariello to do some character designs for the boy puppet (I'm really excited to make this myself). I think I'm going to get his face modelled on Maya and I've spoken to Becky Gilby about animating it with me and get 3D printed faces from Leeds uni. It's so so so exciting, If I pull it off I'll be over the moon. Because I'm being so ambitious with this I've decided not to do a stop motion for the dissertation project, I'd rather focus on backgrounds and narratives and get my stuff together for this project and give this my all. I'm also going to speak to my friends on Creative advertising to help with a cool marketing take on it, and I've got a friend on printed textiles to do all the interiors of the rooms inside the castle and the tree. It's so so exciting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment