Tuesday 19 May 2015

Plans for Summer


So besides working on my dissertation, I am lucky to have two friends living in Australia (one in Melbourne and one in Sydney) who have invited me to stay with them. When I mentioned this to Skwigly, they said that they could get me tickets for Melbourne International Animation Festival, as press to interview the speakers following on my work for them so far this year. And if their's any other film/animation festival's they can enquire about tickets for them. Being the UK's largest online animation magazine there's a good chance any will be accepted. It does mean I have to be proactive in my plans and sort it out. Unfortunately I've been so busy with uni work, I really need to sort myself out with this. I also want to improve my showreel for the purpose of networking and I think I'm just going to go a bit mad and email every studio with my showreel and just be like do you want to go for a fosters, it's a good call (although this joke would be lost on them, because foster's is called crown out there). I'm also really excited to meet up with Yoni (exDFGA) because he's working on a short film out there, and I think I will have enough time to help him out with his project. But at the same time it's just going to be a really exciting holiday.

I shall update my itinerary as and when it is updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment