Friday 30 October 2015

Loop de Loop - Fortune Entry



http://www.loopdeloop.org/2015/09/fiona-stuart-clark-fortune/

So I spent roughly five days making this, I was so annoyed I ran out of time to do one of the background so I just did twinkly stars.

So my idea behind this, is that as someone crosses the road they pick a penny up and get run over because they don't have good luck and someone else runs past them.

I really like how it's got loads of things in it from Melbourne that like represent my trip that only I know about. So for example when the cars turning the corner, there's the rubber duck cafe of Clifton Hill on the far right hand side which is the building I lived in for five weeks. The characters wearing jeans and I went to a jeans shop and bought three pairs of jeans for £25 each where you go and they tailor them especially to fit you and you go back an hour later to pick them up. The annoying tick of the crossing, which i hated so much especially as the first place I was staying in Carlton hill, my window was next to a ticking crossing all night long. The magnolia trees all bloomed whilst I was in Melbourne and it was just the prettiest sight especially in Fitzroy I'd never seen a Magnolia tree so I really like that. The black merc is based upon what the italian gangsters of Melbourne drove around in from this TV show I started watching out there called underbelly based on true stories that all centered in the places I was going. The beanie hats were a necessity because it was so cold, especially without central heating anywhere I lived in mine. I even slept in it. There's a poster that says Real Australian's Say Welcome, because there was so many protests about refugee's, and it what everyone talked about at some point, with the refugee camps where people are dying. I felt it was some pertinent knowledge I learnt about the politics of Australia. The building the poster is on was at the top of Yoni's street where he lived near Parliament Station. Tram Tracks, I loved getting the tram everywhere whenever possible, even if it was just two stops it was exciting. I could have put a lot more into it, but I probably left more time. I'll try better with the next one, maybe focus less on the backgrounds more on the animation.

Interesting to note, I didn't deem this entry Vimeo worthy, hence why it's on my youtube instead. My aim is to by the end of the year have a loopdeloop Vimeo worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment