Tuesday 6 October 2015

LCA Logo for 2nd Year Showreel





So for our end of show for second year, I offered to do a 3D Ident because we were so stretched for applied animation I think no one was very enthused about the show. But I really wanted to experiment more with Maya as a software but it has so much potential. I just love hos anything it possible with it. It's just everything take so long on it. But I would really like to do some more little projects like this before I finish just so I have a really well rounded animation portfolio.

So I started off by importing the logo on an image plane and just working on making it 3D around that really. It took a lot longer than I thought to make the individual letters, but it means that come next year I could re-use it and animate them differently rather than just having a deformer on them like below for when we need a new ident. Overall I was really pleased with the final product because I learnt so much about the software. I don't really know what maya task I could do next but it would have to be something little underneath the backburner of my dissertation project.



Leeds College of Art Ident from fionastucla on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment