Wednesday 4 February 2015

Career Track Tuesday - Practical and Creative approaches to Job Hunting

Practical and creative approaches to Job hunting

Tricia Ferren & Katie Peyton Lister

-Foundations for your job search strategy,
  • if I were the employer,
  • practical and creative strategies
  • how to keep going when you feel like giving up.

Am I clear about what I’m aim for?
Can I confidently describe what I can offer (with evidence)
Do I have job/opportunity strategy that I feel confident about?

What are your own values? What do you enjoy? Do you know what’s already out there on the market? Values/Beliefs/Preferences

See yourself as a product, market yourself to other companies.

You need to be actively seeking out the role, no where is going to spend good money marketing the job when they already have a mass of people actively seeking out there bottom feeder roles. Remember to look at organisations that look more widely at creative industries who might need your skill set.

Be prepared, always make sure you are always up to date with your cv and self promotional stuff.

What’s my strategy?

Relevent employer/organisation information.
See handout of practical and creative approaches to job hunting, and some useful websites, Links and Advice and using recruitment agencies.

http://www.agencycentral.co.uk
https://www.rec.uk.com/help-and-advice/jobseekers

Make sure you are looking at the right places


Twitter is really big now, follow follow follow. 

Don’t ignore linked in!!



No comments:

Post a Comment