Monday 23 February 2015

Life Drawing

I decided to go to the life drawing society, because I have been doing a lot of character drawing recently and my proportions are just appalling. 


We started off with five one minute sketches of different stances. I didn't enjoy this, I need a few minutes just to take in what i'm looking at!



Then we were given the task of two five minute drawings, which I really wasn't happy with the results, I think I struggled a lot getting the proportions in such a short space of time, I normally do a rough sketch then go back and make it look proportionally better.



This was supposed to be the long drawing but I was really pissed off with the position and not being able to make it look proportionally accurate, so I spent this time inking in the images (those that I didn't finish inking in I did later because I decided that I really liked the style). 



This is the one I was most proud of from the session, I think next week I'll try something different, maybe a bit looser to start off with and go for proper measuring techniques on the long one after the break.









No comments:

Post a Comment