Sunday 15 February 2015

Sherwin Williams and Buck TV



http://www.buck.tv

I came across Paint Chips, the first of a series of commercials for a paint company called Sherwin Williams, that blew me away. At first I thought it might of been stop motions, because it's made to look like paper cut outs, but then next few times I watched it and researched it, I realised it was CG. I think it's really well textured which gives it a stop motion quality. I also think they mastered the movement of card to make it look like actual card. The other quality I like about these commercials is how they've really pushed the design aspect of what you can do with the colour chart cards. It's really imaginative the different forms and patterns they've pushed.



I decided to look into the studio and came across two more in this series, I really like how in how the years have progressed the animation has improved and you can see how the lighting on them look more professional and especially in the one above the camera direction gets more complex. I think this commercial, Where will colour take you, looks less like stop motion, because it really does push the transformation of the colour chart cards, into complex monuments representing different cultures, pushing peoples imaginations with the colours they could chose or interior decor. Because of it's complexity it becomes inspiring for the everyday person who might not have much imagination.



I think it's clear to see they must of really exceeded expectations with the clients brief for a reasonable price because they kept asking them to make more commercials for them.

One from that studio that us english folk would recognise is the Hive commercial, controlling your heating on the go. They have some great work on their reel, I feel that these are their most successful and some of the others aren't up to the same standard. They have offices in LA and New York but the creative side is based in LA. They are currently hiring both traditional and digital animators. I think that there studio would be a great place to start in. One thing that makes say this is how cool there logo is.


I know that's it's quite a superficial thing to go on, but I've been on some studio's website and they just across really naff, if a clients going to come to you, you need a great website because it's the first port of call. I really like it's layout and set up and something I'll bear in mind when I make mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment