Thursday 22 May 2014

ANIMATED SELF

So for my animated self project I did a few different doodles of ideas on scraps of paper, that I have since lost. But basically I had three different ideas, the first one was to use my original PPP presentation idea with minnie but have us walking through the woods and have it all magical with particles imposed on top and magical fairies. And the snapshot of me being about how I'm away with the fairies with minnie in the woods. However I thought about this and ruled it out because there's no way I'd be able to control Minnie and I'd need another person to help film and I thought to look clean and professional I need to do it really well and do a few attempts and to be honest I wanted something that was more easy to define.

So then I thought about me making a nest out of all the stuff I've used this year to help with my work, my needs, my paints, pens pencils, glue etc. And have that as an animation, And then instead of having me build the nest why not have me in the nest like a sparrow collecting shiny objects. Or or collecting skills. I deliberated. I thought oh no, ee by gum, I've got it why not have me being born as an animator in this nest of art material goodies. But I wanted to develop it so it'd be all colourful and like magnetic movement rhythmic and pulsing at the end like my ideas are coming out of me, kind of like a sky arts ident, (the only tv channel with amazeblaze idents), but less clean and professional and more eccentric and my personality.


In the end I was at a loss on how to do it, so I chose the default brush that most looked like spilt paint and went a bit mad on making them look more "spark" like. I also added flashes to make it seem more like a mad scientist at work. And then I ended it with the thought provoking Birth of an animator or a wizard bird? I think the sound of white noise really added to the manicness of the animation. And actually as I was making it I really hated what I was making but I think with the sound it's come together better than I expected. I'm really glad I added the stars to the spinning because I think it builds anticipation to the sparks.  I'm not saying it's good enough to be shown in an exhibition. But I think it's good snapshot of me at the this moment in time and how I feel about where I stand in the industry. 

Also just a note I chose a fiery egg and the orange yellow red to mimic that of the flower that's in the shot before it zooms in, and also I had my camera set to sunny settings, I think it expresses my emotion of actually even though I'm very harsh about my work and very negative of everything that's going on, I am actually in a much happier place than this time last year. And I'm really work hard to not rely on others to make me happy and I am officially over a month smoke free and I'm exercising and people this time last year who I aren't in touch with wouldn't believe it. I've worked really hard this year even if I have left a lot of projects till the last minute. I think for next year I'm most excited about the PPP module and developing industry connections because I know by christmas I'll have enough work to not be afraid to ask for feedback and send off for commentary and showreels etc. It's going well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment