Monday 19 May 2014

Mierswa & Kluska YSL

http://www.renehauser.com/mierswa-kluska/films.php

http://www.renehauser.com/mierswa-kluska/Mierswa_Kluska_YSL.mp4

I love this short stop motion of YSL lipsticks. My very first thing I treated myself to when I was sixteen and working was a £21 YSL lipstick in Rouge. It was so bright it made my teeth look yellow but i still wore it and kept my lips shut because I knew that YSL is the optime of opulence and meant you are affluent and I think the professionalism of this stop motion emphasises this notion. It's really clean, and trust me thats difficult because these lipsticks are sticky as hell if you get any of it on your fingers it stains it red for the rest of the day.

I am so devastated that I've missed this film at the Vue, it literally had a one week window and I didn't frame myself to go see it, but I think it might be coming back round either that or I'm going to get the DVD the film screams opulence, gluttony and the suave life of man behind the name. I've read such great reviews about it. And it's so controversial because Laurent's gay lover whose portrayed in the film is actually still alive (aged 83) and was really against all of this coming out because it basically plays on his name that Laurent isn't a saint. Also the actor has been in some great films, but he isn't internationally acclaimed and this film will do so much for his career, it'll make him the new Romain Duris in france. Sometimes I wish I could speak french because I feel like my film tastes just agree with there film's more than the british ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment