Thursday 15 May 2014

Frank, Micheal Fassbender




http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/may/11/frank-review-weird-wonderful-different-beat
http://www.theguardian.com/film/video/2014/may/09/frank-canyons-wind-rises-next-goal-wins-video-reviews

I went to go see this film at Hyde Park Picture House last night, merely because of the amazing reviews it has had. Especially from the guardian, I was so impressed, especially because I regard Peter Bradshaw's reviews with the upmost respect, I felt like I needed to go see this film. I've never really listened to Frank Sidebottom before or really knew much about the man so I decided to do some research and discovered he was a musician/comedian from greater manchester who toured the country doing weird shows that often consisted of songs from his band (the freshies) side shows with him as Frank Sidebottom and his hand puppet who was his spitting image and sometimes they even involved a tombola.

I think to create a story around such a character must have been really intense to create a script that pays homage to such an inspiring figure. The story line is just so touching yet also comical through it's crazyness and yet feels familiar. It's so successful I really enjoyed it's a great film with a great narrative based on a great character.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment