Tuesday 20 May 2014

Cycle Cinema YSP

http://www.ysp.co.uk/


So I went to this event which was ace. Triplets of Belleville is a film I've seen before but it's by far one of my favourite animations, and I noticed bits that I'd never noticed before this time. It finally made sense why the dog barks at the trains and the dogs train dreams because the train went over his tail. I love it when that happens when you watch a film a second time. I also really loved the atmosphere at this event, the crowd felt like a little community that had come together, you got the background whirring of the bicycles which was kind of like an old projector it just added to the atmosphere and it was family friendly if the kids got bored you just shoved them on a bike. I think it really was a great event a huge success.

I also ran into my friends parents of a girl I went to school with and they were telling about this thing called picnic cinema, and they show films like Withnail and I at slaithwaite (uncle monty's cottage) and the blair witch project and things. So I thought I'd keep an eye out on that as well to see if anything good comes up because Cath was saying they showed the Nosferatu Dracula at Kirkstall Abbey and I bet that was really really atmospheric. The place I'd really really like to go to though, is to somerset house to watch a film. This year I'd go see the Royal Tenenbaums, as I'm on Wes Anderson Hype, last year I think it was the year they showed Ferris Bueller and the year before they showed the Apartment. Always such amazing film choices. And it just looks like an amazing setting. You may say it's not that expensive why don't you just go, you can't plan that far in advance when your on rotas and you don't get that much holiday and last year I was in South Africa. But one year I shall make it.

http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/film/film4-summer-screen-2014

http://picniccinema.co.uk/events-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment