Wednesday 23 April 2014

Answers to Presentation Questions

What have you learned and also what do you want to learn?

Over the course of the year, I have matured as a person. I am not the same person who left foundation. I chose to stay at leeds, to stay grounded and remain close to home, I have learnt to juggle my life, occasionally the balls fall down, but there are always others there to help pick them back up. The most important lesson I have learnt is the importance of time management. I have well and truly sucked at this, this year and this is something that I really need to work on for next year. I have learnt the basic principles of animation, yet there is so much more to learn, it’s such a broad subject, my lack of knowledge of animating on a with a computer frustrates me and this is something I should probably improve. I also need to focus more on learning more about the industry.


What have you enjoyed during the year and why, also what have you disliked and why?

I’ve enjoyed getting to know people on the course. I’ve enjoyed getting a puppy, selling handbags. I have disliked my poor time management. Sometimes I have disliked travelling so far, and sometimes I have disliked it when I haven't been able to motivate myself. I enjoyed the satisfaction from finishing a project especially when you've worked really hard on it. I've been saying this since year ten art class but next term I'll try to keep to deadlines.

What mistakes have you made (in and out of college) and how have you learned from them?

I think one of the biggest mistakes I’ve made this year, is that I haven’t made an effort with people, especially on other courses, this time of our life is so crucial to set our self up with creative links it’s such a waste not to make connections with others, so I’m going to try and be a bit more social next year.

Has this made you consider how you do thing or will approach things in the future?

Not really, I think i need to be less negative and increase my vibration levels by being happier, I've already started this by trying to stop smoking I need to eat healthier and exercise more to become happier, I also need to learn how to make myself happier without relying on the need to give to others, I think happier people attract nicer people and that's the self improvement I'll focus on next year.

What are your strengths and how will you develop them further and begin to apply them?

I think my strengths are with using different media and traditional styles, to take them forward I think I need to explore different ways into getting them into animation, and the computer process needed to develop the aesthetics of them. I'll also improve my drawing by doing a lot of sketch book work over the summer.

What are your weaknesses and how do you intend to address them?

Computer work, time management. 

Practice do it again if it doesn't work reassess and do it again.

What did you want to get from the year? Have you achieved this?

I don’t really know what I wanted to get through the year, I have a tendency to think more long term, I know what I want to get from the degree and I think I am going to have to work a lot harder to achieve that because I had no idea time at LCA would go this fast.

I know that next year, I wanna start the making of portfolio quality work that's more professional, I want to gain more knowledge with computer software, I want to put more emphasis on getting and internship, I want to manage my time better, and I want to eat healthier and start exercising more and be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment