Wednesday 23 April 2014

Bradford National Media Museum Day Trip

Bradford's claim to fame is being the world's first city of film and having europe's largest curry house. It's a very diverse place but it's crowning jewel is the National Media Museum. Living in the Bradford district growing meant I went all the time. But it's one of those places that's always got new exhibitions and never really grows old even as a big kid.



This is me and my best friend Chloe moore, and to celebrate the end of foundation we went on a day trip to the National Media Museum. These photo's are from the tv room. A lot of the museum is very interactive and hands on and based at kids to attract young families. Which makes it quite unique as normally you have to pay to get things like this. These rooms never change.






Then they have the Radio, Web and Photography sections of the museum that also never change.




Whilst we were there in summer the two exhibition rooms were one of a vice magazine like photographer, that really did not interest me, I don't want to see nineties esque photos of people drinking passed out really, but chloe really loves it and she loves Vice so that's probably. What did really tickle me was the Bollywood Film Collection of Posters.


In particular the cliche of the titles, including the Godmother. I have no idea what italian gangster film that could have possibily ripped off. Bollywood is something I keep meaning to watch because I've seen a few mainstream ones like the Bollywood adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, Bride and Prejudice. But I think it's something I'd really enjoy like a secret guilty pleasure. So I might add that to the list of things to do over summer. Get into Bollywood and Spanish Surrealism.

Then again I travelled on a day trip to the National Media Museum in September to go to a telling stories exhibition, which on the website sounded like it was aimed at people older than it actually was. Coincidently we went again the following week with uni. I just end up there all the time, also because it has an Imax. The Hobbit two was super enjoyable at the Imax. Also when I went with Sam we also went to the Pod's where they have archived TV shows and we spent an hour watching original Pugwash episodes that was super cool.

The Telling Stories Exhibition.



The Highlight of it for me was seeing these beautiful panels from the film Lost and Found and character developments. It was really inspiring to see this high quality of work in the adaptation.



I also enjoyed seeing this illustrations of Alice in wonderland, as I collect alice and wonderland books illustrated by different people so far I have six versions of the book. I think it's a truly beautiful story.


Overall I don't think I learnt masses from it I think it was just a bit of fun and really interesting to see. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the Animation gallery. But in there they had the praxinoscopes and spinning batons, which I swear are the exact same ones that were at Red House Museum which I went to, to see if they still had theres but they don't it's now a room dedicated to the Tour De France coming to yorkshire. But they also had a few set which were so cool to see, I really like the wombles one they had, I also enjoyed seeing Morph, but most of all I think the most magical set was the one for The Astronomer's Sun, which surprised me at how big the set was it was massive, super impressive.

Anywhere here's to end with, enjoy the lighting, which I think is this animation's strongest feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment