Wednesday 23 April 2014

Robert Loebel



Berlin based, Robert Loebel's short animation Wind featured on shortoftheweek.com, and I was stunned by the beauty of this 2D animation, i think it's really successful because of the textures and chalky style of line. This is the kind of animation I'd like to combine with live action for a competition based on the theme of Happiness.

Update: I since decided not to enter the competition, due to my poor time management instead I'm looking to make a film after the end of the year.

I decided to look into what other pieces of work Robert Loebel has done and I was so impressed by this trailer for a piece of his, which does actually combine live action, little props and animated characters. So cool. The lighting is so effective as well, I really like how the fire light is mimicked on the digital characters.


 
Dockville Trailer 2011 from robert loebel on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment